The Associate Project Manager is responsible for managing software implementation and service projects, under direct supervision. The role provides daily project management support to small projects including preparing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and staffing requirements. Arranges and facilitates meetings, develops agendas, tracks progress and identifies obstacles. May assist other Project Managers with coordination activities.
1. Facilitating and coordinating, as well as tracking, of day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
2. Writing project schedules for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities.
3. Develop and manage project within hours and financial budget.
4. Communicating all of the requirements and commitments (both verbally and in writing) for each project with GEHC staff and management.
5. Maintaining alignment between the project team and external resources.
6. Providing leadership and direction for GEHC personnel responsible for the project.
7. Managing revenue associated with projects.
8. Acting as an effective team coordinator for all matrixed staff.
9. Creating project status reports.
10. Adopting a proactive approach to identify risks to project success and create and maintain a project risk log; develop effective action plans for resolution as early as possible.
11. Maintaining accurate list of deliveries with an up to date priority list
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years project management experience, or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 3-4 years progressive experience in project management).
2. Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
3. Proficient in the soft skills necessary to be an effective project manager
4. Ability to make presentations (internal and external)
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project required
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. PMP Certification
2. Change management experience
3. Results driven
4. Problem resolution and creativity in solution development
5. Vendor implementation experience
6. Experience managing revenue generating projects