Automatic Building Controls, Inc. / FIX Consulting, LLC are building automation contractors and systems integration consultants, specializing in enterprise solutions, LEED (sustainability), Commissioning and service since 1976. We consult and support our customers in the ever-changing world of building automation and controls. As an integration company, we represent and work with such companies as Distech and Tridium. This allows us to provide our customers with the best solutions for their application and our employees the challenges of learning and working with the best in class technologies. We are positioned for consistent growth and seek a highly experienced sales executive that can contribute to the future success of our entrepreneurial focused firm.
Job Summary: Responsible for outside sales growth within BAS Division which includes, construction, retrofits, owner direct work, and service. Duties shall also include driving a sales-focused culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on project support and company goals including sales plans
- Identification of new sales leads and prospects
- Development of a strong sales backlog
- Assist in sales calls to prospective clients as required
- Sales and estimate BAS construction/retrofit projects, change orders and services
- Coordinate with other divisions within the organization and the scheduling of work
- Effectively manage projects from conceptualization to completion
- Attend BAS project meetings as required
- Escalate issues on projects in a timely manner
- Minimum of 5 years of BAS service sales experience, including proven success in leading a sales team
- BA/BS degree in marketing, engineering or equivalent experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly
- In-depth understanding and "hands-on" experience with any or all of the following systems - HVAC, electrical, building automation/controls, boilers, air conditioning and/or chillers, proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, excellent customer relations skills, attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task, excellent organization, ability to problem solve
- Team player, flexible and willing to roll up sleeves, as required
Standards of Success
- Work ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, perseverance, accountability, respect and teamwork
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner
- Available to work for extended hours in order to meet deadlines
- Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations
- Interacts effectively with all members of the organization and all outside associates
- Completes responsibilities diligently
- Thinks strategically and takes into account long-term implications of one’s actions
- Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
What we offer: We have a complete package of benefits including Health, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Section 125, and 401k.Relevant education is paid for in full. Salary is based on relative work experience with additional performance-based incentives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.