Auto req ID: 4912BR
Title: Benefits Manager
Job Function: Human Resources
State and City: Illinois, Chicago
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) is accountable for ensuring that domestic and international compensation & benefits programs are designed and administered. The Benefits Manager collaborates with the Director of Benefits in the design, planning, and implementation of global benefits programs, policies, and procedures that are in alignment with H-D’s total reward philosophy.
This position will work out of our Harley-Davidson Financial Services office located in Chicago, IL and our Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI.
You will be responsible for ensuring programs are competitive within the labor market, cost effective, comply with all legal requirements, and meet a cross section of employee needs. It’s key that you understand federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and obtaining qualified opinions. With this information, you will enforce adherence to requirements, and, as needed, advise management on needed actions.
A few other areas of responsibility include:
- Preparing special reports summarizing information and trends
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures
- Maintain working relationships with benefit providers
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field. Master’s Degree and Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively significant benefits experience and in a for-profit publicly traded organization
- Experience in the design and administration of health and welfare and retirement benefit plans
- Knowledge of local and federal regulatory requirements
- Ability to successfully measure and track results and to be able to communicate up and down throughout the organization
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 25-50%