A-Lert Construction Services, a division of Centurion Industries, Inc., provides heavy industrial construction, maintenance, fabrication and repair services throughout the U.S. in such diverse processing industries as corn and oilseeds, food, meat, chemical, energy cogeneration and biofuels, wood pulp/paper/fiber products, and more. With over 800 employees and eight offices in six states, A-Lert stands ready to serve the needs of industrial clients throughout the U.S.
At A-Lert, we believe our employees are our greatest business asset, and we work hard to help them develop to be their best, to recognize them for their talents, and to provide opportunities to advance their construction career.
Boilermakers assemble boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels according to blueprint specifications using power tools and hand tools.
Primary Job Duties
- Read blueprints to determine location and relationship of parts
- Connects firetubes to heads or watertubes to drums and headers of boiler by expanding and belling ends, using tube expander and beading ends, suing power hammer
- Drills and taps holes for installation of studs, using portable drill.
- Tightens bolts to assemble frames using hand or power wrenches
- Mounts casings of watertube boilers or attaches davit heads, burners, or furnace casing to firetube boilers, using wrenches
- Replaces defective parts
- May remove and replace rivets and calk seams to repair riveted shells and structures
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Compare and see the difference in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Physically, workers must be able to climb and maintain balance on scaffolding and ladders, reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials. Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and see well (either naturally or with correction).
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background, Physical Exam, Customer Security Check, E-Verify, Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable), other assessments (if applicable)
- Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions
Pay & Benefits
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Group Medical, Rx, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Paid Life/AD&D
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Healthcare & Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Plans
- Years of Service Awards