Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
Responsibilities include managing expectations within customer service level agreements (SLA), directing work activities to ensure adherence to operational objectives and KPIs are met, and monitoring quality assurance systems and programs to meet company goals for product and service quality. This Manager will support a team that should be known for exceptional efficiency and timeliness, and s/he will record and analyze customer metrics (e.g. productivity, cost, response time, material movement, safety, etc.). Managing the P&L and contribution margin of the business unit is also a top priority.
- Operations Management: Oversee Supply Chain Operations that include parts storage, repacking, and distribution. Manage facilities and actively participate in planning and implementation of business processes to continue growth and profitability at or above budgeted levels.
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings to communicate operations objectives
- Make adjustments to allow for the best response time for the customers
- Manage manpower utilization, planning, and adherence to standard work
- Manage and maintain G&D property with the help of internal and external resources
- Customer Management: Partner with client to ensure operational metrics are met. Communicate and interact daily with multiple customers; escalate complex issues/requests to manager.
- Business Development: Assist in negotiation of future business development.
- Staff Management: Select and train staff that embody G&D’s core values. Drive accountability for performance through Leadership by Example. Complete administrative duties related to staff management (e.g. performance reviews) with aid of Site HR Generalist. Maintain positive employee relations and morale through a workplace that is fair, open, honest, and objective.
- Safety: Encourage, monitor, and maintain a safe work environment; document and address issues.
- Financial Management: Analyze and monitor financial responsibilities for the business unit. Ensure budgeted levels of volume and profitability are met while operating at the most efficient levels possible. Contribution margins are a key performance indicator metric.
- Cost Control: Operate sensibly and within budget; use resources at hand. Monitor controllable costs; escalate complex cost, revenue, and rate issues to manager.
- Reporting: Monitor, document, and maintain operational metrics using Excel and VMI software.
- Continuous Improvement: Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts with client support.
Some tools used to accomplish these goals include Inventory and Materials Management Best Practices, Lean and Six Sigma techniques, value stream mapping, standard work/process engineering, cross-functional deployment maps, multi-generational project plans, and key performance indicator scorecards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university required
- Master’s Degree and Supply Chain, Logistics, APICS, Lean, and/or Six Sigma certifications desired
- 7-15+ years of Supply Chain Operations & Material Flow experience; 3PL experience desired
- 10+ years of experience supervising entry-level warehouse/distribution personnel (direct hires and high volumes of temps) in an OSHA / DOT regulated environment with a heavy emphasis on Safety
- Experience working in/with the heavy machinery industry a plus
- Accomplished Supply Chain / Logistics Best Practices champion with working knowledge of the tools listed above (e.g. value stream mapping, scorecards, etc.)
- Must have a track record of success overseeing multiple facilities of comparable scale/scope and coordinating supply chain schedules to meet changing demand
- Documented success in Inventory Accuracy using older, legacy systems in an environment that includes kitting, sequencing, cycle counts, picklists, and overall quality
- Experience managing a large number of SKUs in various stages (parts, WIP, finished goods)
- Must have a track record of success solving a variety of operations issues with speed and safety
- Must be able to work closely with internal transportation counterpart to ensure a unified presence and seamless troubleshooting of issues on the campus
- Ability to lead and assist joint projects involving clients, internal project managers, and engineers
- Experience in a World Class environment serving Fortune 500 customers is preferred
- Ability to balance multiple customers in various business units within one client base
- Ability to think proactively and strategically with/for customer to provide best possible service
- Data-driven: forecasts spikes and finds trends and potential issues using data and metrics
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly orally and in written form
- Proficient at writing processes and managing a m administrative workload
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment is critical
- Ability to produce client reports and presentations with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential; demonstrated success presenting to all levels of internal personnel and clients
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success coordinating top-performing teams and delivering outstanding results while operating within budget and SLA scope. He or she will be able to meet challenges and satisfy demanding customers with confidence and resourcefulness and will be extremely motivated to succeed – high energy and a strong sense of urgency and drive are essential for success in this role. This Manager must be excited to interact with and mentor his/her team members often. A strong focus on Safety and Quality are required, and a thirst for continuous improvement is ideal.
- Talent Selection
- Planning & Organizing
- Motivating Staff / Others
- Delegation / Empowerment
- Ensuring Organizational Effectiveness
- Evaluating Performance / Goal Setting
- Employee Development
- Strategic & Independent Thinking
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Energy / Passion
- Resourcefulness / Adaptability
- Teamwork / Cooperation
- Leading Edge