For more than 35 years, Vertex Solutions has helped globally leading organizations grow by supporting the people and partners they rely on. We provide learning, technology and business management services that see mutual success for our clients and their channel.
This individual will perform software development using C/C++, and other programming languages, as required. The C++ Software Engineer will support the design, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting of new or existing software as well as define and recommend system enhancements and solutions for software design and development problems. Additionally, this individual will create supporting development and system documentation and meet project deadlines in a timely manner. The C++ Software Engineer is expected to analyze, recommend, and implement proposed new technologies without significant assistance.
- Develops cross-platform applications using C/C++.
- Analyzes existing C/C++ in order to determine underlying functionality.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Utilizes and designs application programming interfaces while integrating developed software components within a complete solution environment
- Works closely with lead software engineer and project stakeholders to develop requirements and expected deliverables.
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Implements software in accordance with design specifications and in compliance with company standards and procedures.
- Creates and updates database design documents, master feature lists, etc.
- Scopes development work accurately and in-line with time and cost constraints.
- Applies quality assurance standards throughout the entire development lifecycle in compliance with company procedures and industry best practices.
- Troubleshoots software issues and thinks creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Tests and debugs own work, and other’s work, to reduce time spent in the formal QC process.
- Communicates with team and project management in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides technical documentation for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with test procedures and documentation of test results to meet software system requirements.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Ability to create products with extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with team members and stakeholders in a problem-solving, constructive manner
- Ability to successfully manage and meet multiple, simultaneous project deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating the initiative to complete projects with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Ability to change and adapt to new or changing project requirements
- Willingness to learn and improve
Limited long-distance travel is anticipated for this position (1 – 3 trips per year)
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in programming with C/C++
- 5+ years of experience with working across the SDLC
- Experience with multi-process and multi-threaded development at the application level
- Experience with Visual Studio, the GNU toolchain, CMake, and SVN
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering principles and how to apply them to design and develop robust, efficient, scalable, and maintainable applications
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and debugging skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-critical work environment
- Ability to obtain government security clearance required, active clearance a plus
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with virtual reality, graphics, and/or game engines a plus
- Experience with networking technologies and protocols including UDP unicast/multicast and TCP/IP socket programming and optimization a plus
- Experience with Unity a plus
- Experience with real-time data applications a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company sponsored 401k
- Paid Time Off