Bison Gear and Engineering has been in operation since 1960, designing and manufacturing long-lasting and robust fractional HP AC motors, DC Motors and PMDC motors, gearboxes, gear reducers, as well as a full selection of AC and DC parallel shaft gearmotors, right-angle gearmotors, and brushless DC gearmotors. Some of our newer technology includes hypoid gearmotors and IP69K wash-down gearmotors. Bison is also equipped with a full assortment of accessories to support all of our products. Driven by our Robusiticy® design philosophy, Bison brings world class products to a multitude of different industries and applications.
Responsible for the design and documentation of New Unit Releases (NUR), Prototypes, and Engineering Change Orders (ECO); the generation and computer entry of Bills of Materials; and the accuracy of all documentation. Also assists in the solution of complex mechanical problems.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare layout drawings and solid models for internal use as needed, coordinated by the CAD Supervisor and Project Engineer.
2. Assist in design of new products. Create parts and assemblies as assigned. Create drawings of component parts and prepare for manufacturing.
3. Create and compile bill of materials into our computerized database.
4. Create parts and assemblies as assigned. Create drawings of component parts and prepare for manufacturing.
5. Generates and/or processes New Unit Releases (NURs)
6. Generates and/or processes Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
7. Generates drawings, specification sheets, engineering instructions.
8. Must be knowledgeable in the use of Enterprise Data Management Systems (EPDM).
9. Assist the Product Development Group when needed.
10. Provides drafting assistance to other members of the organization as directed.
11. Performs other related functions as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design or Industrial Technology
2. Certified SolidWorks Professional preferred.
3. Two (2) or more years related experience and/or training preferred.
1. Must be computer literate and have experience using Solid Works 2017 or later.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, wiring diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to write routine reports and record data.
4. Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring and test equipment.
5. Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
6. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
7. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
8. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel product; talk; and hear. The associate frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.