Silliman Group, LLC is the design and construction arm of a fast growing real estate property management, development, and investment company. The parent company owns, manages and leases multi-family residential and commercial properties throughout the United States. The portfolio consists of over 5,000 dwelling units and 125,000 sf of commercial space. Predicated on the competitive advantage of design in today’s real estate marketplace, the company specializes in the renovation of 1920’s Historic and Mid-Century Modern apartment buildings and is strongly positioned in the apartment markets of St. Louis, Kansas City and Chicago. The Silliman Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Direct Reporting: Construction Project Manager
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Fill cracks or other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
- Select and order lumber or other required materials.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas, such as heating or electrical wiring work.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative paneling to ceilings or walls.
- Work with or remove hazardous material.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 4+ years of experience in residential carpentry.
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information pertaining to the type of material required to get job done.
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Due to the years of experience being 4 years +, this role will pay a non-negotiable rate of $17/hr (please advise prior to applying)
- Salary: $16-17/hr - depending on experience
We offer our employees a competitive salary, health, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a company match, Life and AD&D insurance, STD & LTD Insurance, Educational Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and Flexible Savings Plan (FSA).