Automatic Building Controls, Inc. / FIX Consulting, LLC are building automation contractors and systems integration consultants, specializing in enterprise solutions, LEED (sustainability), Commissioning and service since 1976. We consult and support our customers in the ever-changing world of building automation and controls.
ABC is looking to add an experienced Payroll Specialist to our team who will be responsible for processing all aspects of weekly, multi-state payroll for union and non-union employees. We offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a tremendous amount of growth potential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide payroll activities including weekly payroll processing, quarterly taxes, year-end processing and W-2’s, reporting and printing checks.
- Ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Review and respond to unemployment requests, wage verification inquiries, and garnishments as necessary.
- Serve as point of contact for basic inquiries and requests, such as; requests for stub copies, benefit questions, and withholdings.
- Review taxes and process adjustments independently.
- Identify and research errors on payroll checks; resolve basic payroll discrepancies.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory guidelines, prevailing wages, and certified payroll submittals.
- Prepare and remit monthly reporting according to specific Union agreements.
- Administer employee benefits, open enrollment, and new hire benefit enrollment.
- Audit and approve monthly benefit billings.
- Construction Accounting Experience Preferred.
- Understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Knowledge of Certified P/R and Prevailing Wage
- Computer skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
Eager to be a team player and willing to fill in where needed