Who is ConstructConnect?
ConstructConnect comprises the legacy businesses of BidClerk, Construction Data Company, CMD Group, and iSqFt. At ConstructConnect, everything we do is focused on making it easier for the construction industry to collaborate and connect – with one another and the information they need to succeed.
- 17 days of paid time off, 8 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays your first year
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Individual career plans and opportunities throughout the United States and Canada
- Health and wellness program
- Rich benefits including:
- 401K with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid Volunteer hours
- Generous paternal leave
- Highly collaborative and passionate team members
Who do we need at ConstructConnect?
The Content Specialist is responsible for managing and building relationships with key stakeholder sources for the purpose of collecting information on commercial construction projects. The Specialist manages projects in all phases of the construction project lifecycle from planning through the post bid phase. This position involves telephone work, internet research, document management and data entry. A Content Specialist must be able to build productive relationships with industry sources. This individual must have excellent communication skills and proficiency. Construction news reporting experience strongly desired. This department is a fast-paced multi-tasked publishing environment.
What will you do at ConstructConnect?
- Establish productive relationships with industry sources.
- Create and manage data for sources in the assigned sources.
- Responds to customer inquiries as needed.
- Conducts telephone calls to assigned sources to obtain project information, plans and specifications and other bidding documents, as well as updating existing and developing new projects.
- Creates and updates private and public project reports in the pre-design, design, bid and post bid stages of the construction process based on information obtained from sources, including general contractors, architects, engineers, developers, construction managers, public & private owners.
- Works closely with reprographers to coordinate delivery and processing of plans, specs and addendum.
- Communicates with team members on design news and new projects obtained through daily websites or other sources that automatically send bidding news to the plan room, especially if a difficult source is involved.
- Creates new bidding projects from plans and specifications arriving in Plan Room, according to our protocol.
- Maintains the quality of content within our Internet Plan room and secures news, plans and specifications according to our operating standards.
- Prepares check requests for plan fees and/or deposits on plans and specifications per Content protocol
- Responds to email and voice mail in a timely manner according to Content standards.
What skills and experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required OR a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a corporate environment. Construction background, preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Highly energetic with a desire to surpass goals set
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to learning the construction bid process and terms used
- Experience in customer service or call center preferred but not required
- Have the ability to conduct outreach primarily via Phone, but also demonstrate proficiency in internet research and email.
- Typing proficiency 35 wpm
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Word and Excel.
What are the Physical Demands & Work Environment?
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the working day
- Needs to occasionally move about the office to communicate with staff and attend meetings
- Constantly operates a computer
- Frequently communicates verbally with peers and management
- Must be able to analyze detail close-up