- IL |
- Jobs |
- Controls Design Engineer I
Controls Design Engineer I
Rolling Meadows60008ILUSRolling Meadows, IL
Controls Design Engineer I
The position requires the individual to apply their technical knowledge and any prior experience for the production of controls project design, material selection, and development of sequence of operation for lower level projects. In addition, this position will be responsible for the production of closeout documents at the completion of each project. A proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems and engineering design tools (e.g. AutoCAD, VISIO, EDS) is required. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project. This role will also be responsible at times for software design tasks to allow for continued exposure and development in more sophisticated and larger system applications. Some travel and job site visits may be required.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM?
- Production of controls systems design drawings, sequence of operations and submittals for lower level control systems while supporting Senior Level Design Engineers for mid-level control systems.
- Research and select control system peripherals.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and project specifications.
- Collaborate with other members of the project team to identify additional options for the customer (e.g. Energy Efficiency, Equipment Interface, Value Engineering).
- Perform modification of previously produced controls designs to reflect field changes made during the implementation process (As-Builts)
- Generate Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a project.
- Ability to manage time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager or higher level Design Engineer.
- Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
- Communicates effectively to submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
- Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual’s time sheet.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
- Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
- Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans.
- Participates in the ongoing development program with other entry level engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
- Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD, VISIO. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by Sunbelt leadership.
- Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of job site inspection/ “walk through”).
- Regular and routine attendance is required
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up Sunbelt.
INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Company Culture of Excellence – we are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development