AA Service Company Heating & Cooling is a family owned and operated Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contracting and service company who has been servicng the North Shore and Chicagoland area since 1965.
In this position, the responsible person will communicate with the customer to determine service needs. This person will schedule and notify technician of assignments and enter necessary data into computer database. Performs related work as required.
- Primary responsibility is customer service.
- Communicates with customers to determine their needs.
- May help troubleshoot problems over the phone as to help technicians prepare for work.
- Schedules and notifies service technicians of work order assignments.
- Reviews all work orders and records details of service to be performed.
- May help requisition supplies as needed for service calls.
- Receives check-in call from the service technicians and informs workers of next job to respond to.
- Supports service technicians.
- Creates new work order numbers.
- Maintains customer repair records using computer database to give detailed history of the work performed at their sites.
- Maintain dispatching board to ensure maximum efficient capacity of technicians.
- Notify answering service of the schedule and numbers to call in case of emergency.
- Know and understand service work order module and service contract.
- Active in all facets of dispatch.
- Various reporting responsibilities as needed.
Requirements needed in order to be considered for this position:
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Previous dispatching/customer service experience.
- Experience and utilizing judgment in order to plan and accomplish goals.
- Follow up and follow through with technicians and customers to help maintain good customer relationships.
Ideal candidates will have the following customer service related skills:
- A professional and courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to handle a multiple-lined phone system for a number of staff members.
- Patience and endurance to sit behind a desk all day.
- Able to handle the urgency of each task, and work in a high-stress position.
- Is detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills to include the following:
- Proficient w/Microsoft outlook, excel and word.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as, communication, problem solving, and organizational.
- Perform a variety of tasks; works under general supervision of Service Operations Manager.
- General office duties to include filing, sorting, answering phones, greeting customers, etc.
Additional skills that will be considered:
- Previous HVAC knowledge or experience helpful.
- Familiar with standard concepts of HVAC helpful.