Valdez International Corporation a major Aerospace / Defense contractor has positions available on its IAFNOS contract. Position involves physically installing servers in racks, connecting network cables to the panel, load and configure Network Operating System (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & 2012). Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with operating system or hardware.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- This position requires applicant have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Must be capable of performing practical computer repair including the installation, repair and troubleshooting of any of the following, hard drives, memory, network cards, CPUs, power supplies, printers, monitors, data storage devices such as hard drives and disk arrays.
- Must be capable of configuring new hardware, installing and updating software packages.
- Familiarity with networking hardware, including routers, switches, fiber optic cable, twisted pair, and wireless networks. Work with user data and settings recovering or restoring lost user data.
- Attention to detail with an ability to follow through with project objectives.
- Professional communication skills and attitude toward customer service.
- Additional network /server skills/certifications or data center experience would be a plus.
- Microsoft Office (Word & Excel specifically).
- Microsoft Visio.
- Candidate must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) clearance level of Secret prior to start date.
- Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, etc.).
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) (Preferred).
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Valdez International Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Valdez requires drug screenings of all it's employees.
By law, this position requires U.S. citizenship.