IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries is looking to hire a Director of Member Success that is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned membership and customer service organization.
The Director of Member Success is a strategic and operations leader for our global membership efforts and has a direct impact on communicating the mission, vision, and value of IPC to members and potential members. The essential functions of this role include planning, reporting, membership sales, customer service, member/customer data integrity, membership administration, recruiting, selection and training Member Success team talent.
Provide exemplary customer service and assure high levels of member and customer satisfaction. Monitor member/customer issues and provide necessary follow-up and maintain consistency of service. Lead and participate in projects which support member/customer needs or process/service improvements related to serving our industry. Maintain highest value and quality of existing member benefits and develop new IPC member benefits and resources.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Member Success also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled and achieved within the Member Success organization.
Membership Recruiting, Development and Support (60%)
• Develop and implement strategies for recruitment and cultivation of new members and retention of existing members.
• Manage existing member benefits and lead creation of new member benefits to maximize membership value delivered.
• Develop and manage processes for regularly identifying member needs.
• Develop and manage process for member feedback on programs and services including ongoing Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys to meet or exceed annual customer satisfaction goals.
• Manage the membership application and renewal process to achieve maximum efficiency and provide a positive customer experience.
• Develop and publish monthly reports on key membership metrics including member site count, retention, and new member growth vs. annual business goals.
• Responsible for maintaining integrity and accuracy of member data and related records in the Association’s database.
• Responsible for making sure Member Success Advocates (MSA's) have the knowledge, tools, and support to maximize customer satisfaction and increase potential future sales opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with IPC international affiliates (Asia, India and Europe) to align Membership Success strategies and global metrics.
Customer Service (30%)
• Hire, train, and develop a team of Customer Service professionals supporting various products and services across the Association
• Achieve key performance metrics including Customer Satisfaction, NPS, Order Turnaround, Quality, Reliability and First Call Resolution.
• Responsible for all aspects of team member training, development, and performance management.
• Implement and cultivate a team environment that focuses on service levels, customer satisfaction and productivity.
• Ensure team members are equipped with required tools, processes and procedures to create an effective and efficient organization.
• Establish strong working relationships with team members within Customer Service and other departments in the organization that support the accomplishment of annual business goals.
• Ensure escalated account issues are resolved quickly, leveraging resources from across the company as needed.
Operational Needs, Committees Strategic Partnerships (10%)
• Support and manage relevant Association partner relationships.
• Manage and cultivate the Association’s member affinity programs.
• Serve as liaison to the IPC volunteer committees as assigned
• Lead and participate in projects which support member/customer needs related to serving our members and the industry.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience in membership and customer service. Experience in Electronics or Manufacturing a plus.
• Proven track record of building a customer service team, growing membership and over-achieving on customer satisfaction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, customers, partners, and vendors.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Willingness to travel and independently support customer meetings (up to 25% travel anticipated)
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and customer relationship/sales management software (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, or equivalent.)
IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. Ability to work virtually sometimes, position is located in Bannockburn, IL.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries. Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to e-mail: . Resumes MUST include cover letter and salary history to be considered and subject line should say: MEMBER SUCCESS
Since 1957, IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries® has been guiding the electronics industry through its dramatic changes. A global trade association dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its more than 4,900 member companies, IPC represents all facets of the industry including design, printed circuit board manufacturing and electronics assembly. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2.2 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains additional offices in Taos, N.M.; Washington, D.C,; Atlanta, Ga.; Brussels, Belgium; Stockholm, Sweden; Moscow, Russia; Bangalore, India; and Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing, China.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.