In this strategic sales and delivery management position, the Solution Development Director will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both external customers and internal commercial, product, and marketing teams. Collaborating with internal sales teams and product leaders to help drive sales for GE Healthcare, while connecting to the Enterprise Solutions enablement capabilities to ensure we have a plan to achieve committed solutions & outcomes. The Solutions development Director partners with the account communities to lead clients in the development of solutions that leverage the GEHC portfolio as appropriate to support their transformation – specific to level I and level II solutions, and connects to ES principals as needed when a more comprehensive solution/outcome is required. In this role you’ll play a critical part of the team that structures, sells, and ensures successful achievement of the committed outcomes for key strategic client relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
• Refine, create and implement strategy to position our services and maximize value to our clients.
• Stay current with regard to core technologies, industry trends, products, and vendors, and survey the market landscape for solution insights, direction, partners, methods to achieve outcomes
• Recommend, design & implement strategic offerings, with an eye towards developing repeatable solutions – leveraging Enterprise Solutions
• Provide outcomes delivery and business expertise to deliver appropriate executive messaging as well as insight around achievement of outcomes
• Support marketing efforts to develop material, position strategies for product area, in conjunction with overall marketing message framework
• Develop and maintain strong teaming relationship with other members of the company to leverage product, process and engineering expertise
Business Development and Pre-Sales:
• Align with commercial teams to create, present and plan delivery for packaged and custom solutions – while working to develop organizational alignment and repeatability for outcomes solutions designed.
• Work with the GEHC product teams to translate outcomes into customer specific roadmaps.
• Elaborate potential options, select the most optimal option and develop the roadmap for the selected solution
• Oversee and participate in complete presales process from gathering information to delivering presentations and capability demos that focus on the customers’ desired outcomes
• Establish a deep understanding of client’s business and technical needs to customize outcome based solutions, complete with the business context and definition of the vision and requirements of the solution.
• Lead formalized solution discovery sessions with customers, support assessments and connect output of discovery sessions and assessments to build solution in support of client leaders/solutions principals.
• Gather requirements and architect a programmatic solution to meet the specified requirements
• Provide cost estimates with regard to time and resources
Delivery and Program Management:
• Collaborate with Program Management teams as part of the presales process to ensure seamless transition to the required outcomes delivery teams
• Provide solutions modification support as required during the outcomes delivery process
• Project Planning by identifying work items and associated effort
• Fulfill the role of Program/Delivery Manager as needed
• Maintain awareness of the health of projects including project scope, budget, and schedule to inform future solution development
• Responsible for quality, efficiency, and profitability of solutions
• Broad knowledge of analytics, big data practices, software platforms
• Hospital-wide business process knowledge
• Broad understanding ofhealthcare products, services portfolio
• 7+ years of experience developing healthcare solutions that translate into execution and client outcomes
• 10+ years of experience influencing and expanding sales opportunities in the healthcare provider space
• 5+ years of experience in pre-sales/sales activity posiition
• 5+ years of experience in developing and executing on complex project plans
• Ability to travel 35-50%
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Deep healthcare knowledge, understanding healthcare challenges from executive perspective. Ability to think on the spot, sense and respond, and act quickly when faced with challenging solution pain points or questions
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences across all organizational levels
• Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
• Experience working in large-scale, complex projects and programs within healthcare.
• Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment juggling and executing on multiple priorities.
• Analytical and strategic thinking skills