MAC Property Management leases and manages apartments. MAC is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC currently serves apartment communities in the metropolitan areas of Chicago, St. Louis and Kansas City. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Housing Opportunity organization.
The Electrician is responsible for executing construction and maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making electrical installations and repairs, in order to maintain the physical condition of the community according to operating and safety standards and to ensure the installation and repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving apartment turnover on a daily basis
- Electrical repair work and recommendations to contractors
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Interior/Exterior lights, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances (when applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors, boiler, gas and electric
- Security systems, fire protection equipment, entry systems, emergency power systems
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner. Perform make ready work as required
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests received and completed apartment make-ready status work in progress, etc.
- Constantly be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately report unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to pools, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights).
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Project Manager prior to any expenditure of funds. Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Apply all applicable Silliman Group policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 3-5 years’ apprentice electrician experience.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and the ability to read and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer and telephone.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, and safety equipment.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Provide own basic tool and knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools;
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screw drivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power tools: wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders
- Mechanical equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered augers, etc.