The Embedded Data Link Software Engineer will develop embedded ‘C’ code software solutions to meet system requirements, specifically in the domain of embedded data links such as CAN/J1939 and Ethernet.
• Utilizing system requirements to design, develop, and test software components used in large earth moving machines and commercial engines.
• Requirements analysis, software design, static and dynamic code analysis, software implementation, and development/execution of test procedures.
• Interfacing between hardware and software as well as evaluating the operational performance of an overall system.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years industry experience developing embedded software solutions.
• Experience developing embedded C software solutions.
• Experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, J1939.
• Experience code analysis tools such as PC-Lint.
• Proficient in utilizing CANape and CANalyzer.
• Proficient in use of troubleshooting tools such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, etc.
• Good people interaction and teamwork skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with industrial communication protocols such EtherNet/IP, Profinet, and Modbus.
• Experience with embedded Ethernet.
• Experience Bluetooth Low Energy.
• Experience with WinCE.