Jensens Plumbing & Heating Inc was founded in 1942. Now 76 years and 3 generations later, Jensens Plumbing & Heating Inc has grown from a 1-truck, 2-employee company to one of the largest plumbing and heating companies in McHenry County with over 40 trucks and 65 plus employees.
We have a simple policy here at Jensens Plumbing & Heating Inc. We strive to do it right the first time. If you have a problem, call us; we will work with you to solve it as quickly and as possible.
We are currently looking for an experienced commercial Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Woodstock, Illinois! This role will be responsible for bidding all HVAC and Piping job bids.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HVAC and Piping fields
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, multitasking environment, drive projects forward and meet or exceed deadlines and margin
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and contracts
- Skills needed include organization, document management, leadership, and problem solving
- Be computer literate (Email, Excel, Word and estimating software)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Maintain a professional approach, tact and courtesy when dealing with clients, vendors, and team members
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in business relationships and transactions
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and Fast Duct/Pipe a plus
- Preparation of thorough, accurate, and detailed cost estimates
- Preparation of bid documents and development of written proposals and correspondence
- Obtain prices from vendors by specifying material needs and negotiating prices
- Obtain all submittals, O&M documents and warranties
- Negotiate and prepare contract change orders
- Resolve problems and conflicts in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in project management with site coordination, purchase orders, document control
- Premium starting pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical Health Benefits