Ricklefs Excavating LTD is an established and growing Heavy Highway Construction Company in Central Iowa specializing in underground utilities, excavation and cast in place structures. To help us grow we are seeking energetic, candidates with demonstrated abilities to Estimate a broad range of Public and Private Projects in our area.
- Company cell phone, laptop and vehicle compensation
- Competitive salary and Discretionary Bonus Programs
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Company Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
Estimator Job Functions:
- Promote and comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to do electronic take off of earthwork quantities using Agtek or equivalent software.
- Ability to do a complete take-off on a utility project.
- Analyze a project and break down the project into finite tasks that you can then assemble a crew with the right equipment and materials into each task , Then assign a time duration that it will take this crew to complete each task.
- Ability to interpret specification and read blue prints. Study the plans and specs and find the hidden fine print that will cost the job money, and also find the hidden gems that, thru innovation, can make the job money.
- Maintain Professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in Estimating, budgeting and scheduling projects
- Knowledge of electronic bidding such as HCSS or Oman ETC.
- Knowledge of electronic scheduling such as Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, Email Communications, electronic bidding,, budgeting and scheduling
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within project timelines
- To be employed at Ricklefs Excavating all applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check and E-verify