Automatic Building Controls is a stable, fast-growing organization in the building automation and systems integration industry.
Automatic Building Controls, Inc./ FIX Consulting, LLC are building automation contractors and systems integration consultants, specializing in enterprise solutions, LEED (sustainability), Commissioning and service since 1976 We consult and support our customers in the ever changing world of building automation and controls. As an integration company we represent and work with such companies as Alerton, Distech and Tridium. This allows us to provide our customers with the best solutions for their application and our employees the challenges of learning and working with the best in class technologies. Therefore, we challenge our employees to continually learn and progress at the same rate as the rapidly growing and changing information technologies industry.
The Field Engineer Level II will need good interactive skills and solid experience with trouble shooting DDC systems. He/she should demonstrate analytical aptitude, be proficient with technical tasks, will act as the primary customer interface, prepares written service reports, manages services and small owner direct projects and prepares weekly timesheets. Responsible for performing the work on-site or remotely and must be team and detail oriented, self-motivated, and hands-on.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Program of DDC controls following specific sequence of operations. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that HVAC controls continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, controllers, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test controls and equipment in order to diagnose system malfunctions. Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Prepare written service reports to be turned in to office and as a receipt for the customer.
- Associates or technical degree required, Bachelor’s in Engineering preferred.
- Industry experience desired is 3-5 years in HVAC Controls.
- Technical experience with LonWorks, BACnet and Tridium integrations.
- Direct knowledge or experience with Alerton, Distech Tridium is desired but not required.
- Prefer technical experience with PLC devices, programming, and integration.
- Basic computer networking proficiency required, especially with LANs, Hubs, Routers, etc.
- Strong communication, presentation, training, and technical writing skills
What we offer: This position is based out of the Rolling Meadows office. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive salary based on educational, professional, and work experience
- 401k benefit program
- Health, Dental, Life, Long-term disability
- Continuing Education Program.
- Vacation paid time off and holidays
- Car allowance
- Company cell phone provided