Freedman Seating a Chicago family-owned leading manufacturer of bus and commercial truck seats and seating solutions located on the west side of Chicago has an opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist.
This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: benefits administration, training, performance management, onboarding and workers compensation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates the onboarding process for all new hires
- Coordinates the employee benefit enrollment process
- Audits insurance invoices for payment
- Assist in managing workers compensation claims
- Handles employee’s inquiries regarding policies and procedures, payroll and benefits
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Administers and maintains records of employees training
- Any other job duties as assigned
- 1 – 2 years previous Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds both inside and outside of the company
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401K and an onsite gym. Freedman Seating Company is an equal opportunity employer. No relocation is being offered with this position.