- Preventative maintenance and repair for HVAC split system (electric or gas), steam boiler system, rooftop HVAC system (electric or gas) and HVAC domestic water systems (proper certification required for some repairs).
- Troubleshooting and repairs of hot water and steam boilers…flame safe guard, atmospheric and power burners, low water and pump control.
- Ability to change a pump seal.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general tasks.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with resident to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure work is completed to residents’ satisfaction.
- Inform Service Director of needed services and repairs.
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests received and status work in progress, etc.
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Service Director prior to any expenditure of funds. Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identify and perform routine preventive maintenance on all boilers.
- Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition.
- Apply all applicable MAC Property Management policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Respond timely to all On-Call emergency requests. Weekend and after hours overtime required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- 5+ years of experience with HVAC and Boiler repairs.
- HVAC certification required; Stationary Engineer license preferred.
- This role requires a vehicle and valid driver’s license in order to transfer tools and materials.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and the ability to read and understand labels on containers of chemical supplies.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Provide own basic tool and knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools;
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screw drivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power tools: wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders