Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
The Industrial Engineer assists in developing, evaluating and improving methods and procedures for processes. One of the main responsibilities of this position is to help analyze operating environments and design or recommend layouts or processes with optimal utilization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop or review methods, labor utilization standards and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and utilities to reduce waste and excess cost
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine optimal logistics processes, staff requirements, equipment needs and production standards
- Draft and design layout of facilities, warehouse, materials and workspace including storage strategy for maximum efficiency and optimal utilization; using drafting tools such as AutoCAD
- Complete time and motion studies, value stream mapping, material flow diagrams and spaghetti mapping
- Lead or assist with Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen or Continuous Improvement projects utilizing lean practices and statistical problem solving
- Document or oversee recording of information to support analysis for capability studies and ROI analysis
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost and inefficiencies
- Make independent decisions regarding
- organizing and conducting meetings
- reviewing and updating plans
- reporting progress and status
- identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activity to supervisor and/or human resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in engineering preferred
- 5+ years of warehouse/manufacturing/inventory and materials management and optimization experience required
- 3PL supply chain value added services and/or automotive or heavy machinery experience preferred
- Proficiency with warehouse simulation tools and AutoCAD
- Track record of success solving a variety of operations issues with speed and safety
- Experience in a start-up, turnaround or World Class environment preferred
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) and AutoCAD
- APICS, Lean and/or Six Sigma certifications a plus
- Subject matter expert in industry best practices for warehouse Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies, Kaizen workshops and Lean tools (such as value stream mapping, material flow diagrams, spaghetti mapping, time and motion studies and process control)
- Ability to apply technical scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement solutions that safely realize a desired objective