Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
The industrial engineering technician assists in developing, evaluating and improving methods and procedures for processes. One of the main responsibilities of this position is to help analyze the operating environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Look for and identify process inefficiencies, waste, excess cost, material and energy
- Conduct time and motion studies
- Support design of equipment layout and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Analyze and help plan workforce utilization, space requirements and workflow
- Help identify improvements, develop business cases and present to management
- Assist in conducting capability studies and ROI analysis
- Lead or assist with Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen or Continuous Improvement Projects utilizing lean practices and statistical problem solving
- Assist in developing and evaluating pilot programs, simulations and prototypes
- Help implement new and enhanced process tools
- Identify Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with supervisor on
- project changes that require change in deliverables, scope and/or timelines
- project prioritization and workload balancing
- need for, implementation of and/or revision of standards
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activity to supervisor and/or human resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in industrial engineering
- 0-2 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with computer-related drafting, measurements, safety in the workplace, motion study, process control, automated systems, industrial technology and statistics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), AutoCAD or other CAD software
- Ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective