Pay ranges $38.00 and Up DOE
Expand your options, work for MKD Electric.
- Utilize your SIte Manager skills & experience to make a difference
- Advance your career and further your education
- Work a with a great team of people
Seeking talented Instrumentation and Electrical Site Manager with 7+ years of Industrial/Refinery experience. Our Site Managers are eligible for great benefits and career advancement opportunities. MKD Electric ranks in the 90th Percentile in pay, overtime/double time pay and company provided benefits in the United States. MKD Electric is committed to providing a safe place to work.
MKD Electric is one of the Midwest’s largest full-service merit shop electrical contractors. For over twenty years, we have designed, built, installed, and maintained our clients’ systems, projects, and facilities. We specialize in working in a variety of industrial environments, including chemical, petrochemical, distribution, packaging, and more.
Site Manager manages all operational aspects of the site (safety, quality, maintenance, scheduling, and financial) in such a way that customer demands are met.
In the position of Site Manager, you will:
- Drive MKD safety culture by setting the example, displaying safe work habits, encouraging JSA usage, intervening as needed, assisting in all safety audits and investigations, and reinforcing safety as an inherent value to all Team Member’s.
- Team Member (TM) development:
- Serve as a mentor and resource to those working for you as well others in the company.
- Demonstrate all the qualities that MKD looks for in its TM’s.
- Provide technical expertise as appropriate.
- Provide advice to TM’s helping them become stronger performers and leaders.
- Share your technical knowledge and experience with others as you can, especially making time for apprentices to enhance their professional growth.
- Work to motivate all TM’s to perform at their highest levels, recognizing outstanding achievement or coaching for improved performance.
- Coordinate/support projects on a continuing basis to include but not limited to:
- Take charge of and responsibility for all MKD activities occurring on your job site.
- Submit weekly look ahead schedules for review.
- Use planning and tracking tools on jobs.
- Thoroughly understand project scope of work.
- Study blue prints, schematics, manuals and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Communicate with scheduling coordinate regarding scheduling team members to jobs.
- Collaboratively work with Estimator/Project Manager to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
- Assign work to TM’s.
- Balance workloads across all TM’s, insuring no one is overworked to the point of sacrificing quality or safety.
- Provide technical support to TM’s.
- Coordinate/order materials and parts.
- Coordinate/order tools and equipment.
- Ensure that work is performed according to appropriate MKD guidelines and/or company standards
- Bring TM performance related matters to the attention of the General Superintendent or HR, as may be appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and submittal of paperwork.
- Strive to exceed client expectations in all that you do.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, subordinates or customers in order to provide/receive information by telephone, two-way radio, in written form, in person or by email.
- Coordinate repair of tools and equipment with the shop.
- Complete appropriate forms, reports and other required paperwork.
- Bring training needs to the attention of the Training Manager, making recommendations or specifying site requirements as necessary.
- Assist in the training of TM’s in construction methods and operation of tools/equipment.
- Provide on-site orientation to new TM’s on their first day, as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite.
- Enforce company policies on a daily basis
Technical Performance Measurement:
- Knowledge of OSHA and MKD safety standards.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code.
- Knowledge of A/C & D/C motors, A/C & D/C variable speed drive systems, motors, (single and three phase), motor control systems, P.L.C. Systems, process control systems and industrial electronics, circuit boards, computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, maintenance and safe operation.
- Knowledge of procedures and principles for providing superior customer service.
What we want to see in you:
- 7+years applicable field experience
- 5 in supervisory capacity
- Industrial Safety, Health and Environment and regulatory knowledge/experience required
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
We offer our team members a comprehensive employment package that includes:
- Career growth opportunities
- Strong safety culture with training
- Competitive wage(s)
- Performance based bonus eligibility
- Eligible for over-time pay after 8 hours
- Eligible for double time pay on Sunday’s
- 401(k) plan w/company match up to 4%
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Eligibility for health benefits which includes:
- Medical insurance – shared cost
- Company paid dental insurance
- Company paid vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Optional long term disability insurance
- Full-time in-house training director
- Multiple training & development opportunities:
- DOL Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman’s Academy
- Leadership Training Program
- Hands on Controls & Instrumentation Training
- and more
- Referral bonuses up to $2,500
- Annual scrap metal bonus eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company provided FR clothing
- Company provided safety gear – harness, lanyard, arc flash gear and more
- Safety boot and safety glasses allowance
- Social activities
- Holiday Party, BBQ’s, fun all hands on meetings, golf outings, contests, etc…
- Charitable activities
- Make-A-Wish Foundation and Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and others
- Open door policy
- Annual performance reviews