Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
Whether you are looking for a way to jump start your culinary career, or simply the opportunity to work with great team, this could be the right choice for you.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Kitchen Attendant at Oak Trace, a CCRC community located in Downers Grove, Illinois. The shift that we are currently seeking is part time with variable schedules.
The Kitchen Attendant is responsible for the overall cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen and culinary supplies. The Kitchen Attendant ensures sanitation standards are achieved and kitchen inventory and deliveries are efficiently organized and stored.
A few other details about the role:
- Wash and sanitize pots, dishes, utensils, carts, etc. either by mechanical washing or hand-washing.
- Stock and rotate food and non-food supplies using appropriate storing techniques.
- Maintain proper chemical amounts and temperatures for the dish machine and sinks.
- Conduct close down procedures of sweeping and mopping floors, trash removal, ensure all kitchen equipment is turned off and storage areas are locked.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintain knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- No educational requirement. Must have ability to perform basic arithmetic, understand measurements, and follow written and oral instructions.
- No experience necessary. A willingness to learn.
- Knowledgeable of proper cleaning and sanitizing techniques. Ability to read chemical labels, monitor temperature and unsafe equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow policy and procedures of infection control, safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL