The Primary role of the Software Engineer Sr. are to provide cross-product technical deep-dive expertise, architecture and problem expertise t towards complex customer solution design, coding and testing for changes and fixes. . Ensure customers success by fostering a balanced relationship that benefits both GE and the customer with the goal of producing the highest level of customer support and satisfaction.
Provide technical expertise, problem resolution, trouble shooting, and software development as well as coding of all types of software projects including break-fix, functionality performance enhancements and trouble shooting. .
Creation and maintenance of system diagrams detailing functionality of customer GEHC IT environment.
Workflow diagram creation and analysis leading to recommendations to customer and GE leadership team.
System-wide RFS review with goal of identifying patterns and root cause of cross-product/lingering/repeat support issues.
Primary contributor to Knowledge Management system for customer specific configuration details that will benefit the greater Customer Center team.
Act as escalation resource for Level 2 support teams.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience in technical discipline or Associates Degree and 3 years experience in technical discipline or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 4 years progressive experience within Software Engineering.
5 year experience providing technical customer support.
Ability to travel up to 33% of the time
You must be willing to take a drug test.
You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to manage and resolve employee conflict
Ability to interact with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience
Ability to work through challenging customer relationships
Has in-depth knowledge of at least one major Centricity Business product and can learn others quickly
Ability to architect & implement complex software customizations successfully
Capability to mentor and coach fellow team members in technology and related business processes
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering or 5 years experience.
2. Fve (5) years experience in one or more of the following: Centricity Business Products, HPA, CBO, EVM, AVM, TES and the current technology being used in GEHC Software Products for example Windows Server, Cache, Mumps, VMS, AIX. Ability to interact confidently with customers at all levels and provide consultative services to the customer regarding technical projects and recommendations desired.
3. Ability to manage complexity and consistently strive for improvement and service excellence.
4. Healthcare information technology experience a plus.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service attitude skills.
6. Excellent understanding of client needs and the impact of support related work.
7. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a high level of quality service.
8. Highly effective at working in a fast-paced, dedicated team environment with shifting priorities.
9. Ability to work across departments internally and externally in troubleshooting problems
10. Travel preferred for this position is up to 50%