MAUSER USA LLC
Maintenance Mechanics- Bolingbrook, IL
MAUSER USA LLC has opportunities for a Maintenance Mechanic in its Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum manufacturing facility. Mauser is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. MAUSER is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant.
The success of our many production operations hinges on our ability to safely produce quality products, on-time, every time, for our large and diverse customer base. A key component of this mission is our Maintenance department. The talented group of tradesmen we have throughout our production facilities are responsible for ensuring the plant’s sophisticated machinery (i.e. blow molders, welding and stamping) and tooling are running properly and efficiently.
The Maintenance Mechanic Lead will be responsible for one other mechanic as well as performing preventative maintenance on all facility machines as well as repairing electrical and mechanical issues with any machines to minimize downtime. Mechanics are also challenged with performing efficient changeovers as our production facilities shift to various customer orders and SKUs.
Mauser offers a solid and competitive pay and benefits package and a rewarding place to work.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production machinery following established schedules. These machines include, but are not limited to, blow mold machine, 400-ton press, resistance seam welder, spot welder, metal forming equipment, automatic nailing equipment and various automatic assembly transfer machines.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical or hydraulic problems on all production machinery.
- Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Maintain plant facility and utilities through routine inspections in accordance with established schedules.
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
- Tests equipment to check operation clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework; tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examines, tests and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms; checks product for visual defects.
- Assist in production start-ups of equipment and assist in solving problems.
- Install or modify existing installations of production and plant support equipment
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Notifies maintenance department or supervisors of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- Five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mechanical experience on production equipment
- Experience in a large equipment production / manufacturing environment
- Basic general studies in reading, writing and simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Training in use of and ability to accurately read precision measuring instruments and gauges.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Prior experience in electrical, welding, machining and fabricating preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The MAUSER Group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers (“IBCs”) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. MAUSER’s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The MAUSER Group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. Mauser North America is the largest business unit of the global organization.