IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries is looking to hire a Level I Technical Support Administrator that will work together to support local and remote networks comprised of servers, laptops, desktops, & various peripheral devices. Duties include, but are not limited to help desk support, hardware/software setup & configuration, and end user account creation & management. The applicant employed in this position will have periodic on-call and after-hours maintenance duties, as needed. This position is located in IPC’s Bannockburn, IL office.
• Support for local and remote users in a road warrior-centric office environment via email, phone, and help desk tickets
• Maintenance and support of printers/copiers, networking, wireless APs, and other office peripherals
• Desktop/laptop provisioning & configuration for new users
• Desktop/laptop troubleshooting & replacements for existing users
• Server configuration & troubleshooting in physical and cloud-based environments
• Periodic weekend maintenance of Servers, desktops & laptops
• Travel to, and support of trade shows (couple times/year)
• Minimum 1+ years’ experience performing help desk and desktop related functions in a corporate environment
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Office 365
• Basic understanding of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 platforms
• Basic understanding of network topology & network technologies (routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
• Experience troubleshooting a variety of systems and applications
• Experience providing remote, end user support (via RDP, TeamViewer, or other method)
• B.A. or equivalent relevant experience
• Strong self starter and desire to advance
• Experience with Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen, etc) a plus
• Working understanding of Cloud technology platforms (Azure, Office 365, AWS, etc.) a plus
• Relevant certifications (CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+, AWS, Cisco, Microsoft, etc) a plus
IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. Ability to work virtually sometimes, position is located in Bannockburn, IL.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries. Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to e-mail: . Resumes MUST include cover letter and salary history to be considered and subject line should say: IT ADMIN
Since 1957, IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries® has been guiding the electronics industry through its dramatic changes. A global trade association dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its more than 4,900 member companies, IPC represents all facets of the industry including design, printed circuit board manufacturing and electronics assembly. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2.2 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains additional offices in Taos, N.M.; Washington, D.C,; Atlanta, Ga.; Brussels, Belgium; Stockholm, Sweden; Moscow, Russia; Bangalore, India; and Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing, China.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.