The Machine Operator III position is responsible for performing a set of tasks using machinery. This position will set-up, operate and maintain various machines to ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
- Operates a CNC machine to fabricate custom material.
- Utilizes software program to update machines and optimize equipment.
- Reads blueprints to determine appropriate parts and designs.
- Coordinates jobs and follows appropriate build schedule.
- Performs machine set-ups to start production cycle.
- Feeds raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspects parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Conducts periodic inspection of machinery to ensure quality of operation.
- Monitors finished products for potential flaws.
- Maintains records of approved or defective products.
- Operates a crane to load parts onto work area.
- Operates a power industrial truck.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- Three years’ experience in machine operations.
- Must be proficient at reading blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.).
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word (Email & Excel), routine database activity and machine operations software.
- Previous experiencing operating power industrial truck.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; OR three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified to operate power industrial truck.