Maintenance Automation Technician
Proficiently demonstrates acquired knowledge and experience to troubleshoot, repair, and enhance CNC equipment as well as other automated, mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Performs extensive root cause analysis to address machine and process deficiencies.
- Efficiently diagnoses equipment issues utilizing sound/effective troubleshooting methods.
- Effectively makes identified repairs to CNC machining and turning centers.
- Provides technical assistance and resolution of electrical, mechanical, or general automation problems
- Participates with installation of electrical systems utilizing knowledge of electrical principles, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Modifies electrical systems to correct functional deviations in alignment with NEC electrical codes.
- Provides assistance modifying new and existing equipment through efforts that: enhance safety, practicality, efficiency, and overall robustness
- Ability to collaborate well with other technical resources both internal and external to define and solve complex problems.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical installations.
- Proficient in PLC programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Siemens based systems.
- Experience in fabrication (i.e. welding, cutting) and the use of manual lathes and mills.
- Ability to comprehend electrical, hydraulic, mechanical drawings
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understand, follow, and carry out assignments utilizing best work practices.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Punctual and possesses a sense of urgency
- Must work safely and abide by all company safety protocols
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision – self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to effectively communicate all necessary information within the department as well as to production.
- Associates degree (A.A.S.) from two-year technical college or university with Computer-Integrated Manufacturing or Mechanical/Electrical Technology as a preferred course of study.
- Minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Our client offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Short and long term disability
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement