An inclusive, energetic culture. Incredible opportunity. A community-focused company. And one of the most powerful brands in the world. You can expect a lot from a career at Target.
About This Opportunity
* Performs needed repairs on doors, dock plates, lighting, HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems to resolve problems and ensure successful operation.
* Performs preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment and "Red Tag" down equipment as necessary involving 3-phase 480 volt and industrial electrical systems, motor controls and related electronic equipment.
* Ensures the maintenance shop area is organized, neat and clean. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc. to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing work, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
* Performs carpentry work as required.
* High School graduate or equivalent; Industrial/Trade school courses and one year on-the-job training in plant maintenance
* Work independently in a team environment with a customer/guest focus
* Must exhibit aptitude for mechanical work
* Able to be certified to operate power equipment, operate maintenance tools, saws, drills, etc., work from blueprints/sketches and lift and carry materials/equipment necessary to do the job
Perks & Benefits
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive benefits
* Target discount
Employing more than 350,000 team members in 49 states, we value creativity, diversity and collaboration in all its forms. From stocking our stores' shelves with fantastic products at great prices to a deep commitment to community giving, Target strives for excellence in every way.
Visit to inform us of your interest. Select Hourly Distribution Center Positions. Search for the zip code or city. Or visit your local Target store to apply on the Employment Kiosks located at the front of the stores. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at . Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education.
Target is an equal employment opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.