Johnstone Supply, Inc., a national leading wholesaler of HVACR parts, equipment and tools has a Distribution Center in the Joliet, Illinois area. We are seeking qualified Seasonal Material Handler candidates. Our Joliet facility, approximately 236,000 square feet, is a fast paced operation that provides high level quality service to our Midwest membership base.
- Fills store orders by picking orders according to section number, packing items into cartons and stacking them in a manner that minimizes shipping damage, entering items into scan gun, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Documents the shipment of hazardous materials by labeling cartons correctly and completing necessary paperwork.
- Prepares orders for shipment by: preparing trucks for shipments; palletizing and wrapping orders; loading pallets and pieces into trucks; placing packing list in last skid; and completing necessary paperwork.
- Receives product into the distribution center by unloading trucks using forklift, pallet jack, electric pallet or by hand.
- Ensures shipments received are in good condition and accurate by: inspecting freight for damage and signing freight bills; verifying quantity ordered versus quantity received; checking all shipments against packing lists; and completing necessary paperwork for reimbursements or discrepancies.
- Ensures all required product has verified bar code labels and human readable Johnstone stock numbers by scanning products, printing labels, resolving labeling discrepancies, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Stores checked-in products by stocking picking stock, filling bin boxes, facing cartons, checking for product mixing, and rotating product where needed.
- Ensures products are readily available to order fillers by: monitoring stock on shelves or bins; replenishing picking stock from reserves; maintaining control of products in reserve stock area; and monitoring "Pull Tickets" and giving priority to Shipping department requests.
- Maintains current department accuracy and efficiency standards, and follows department standard operating procedures.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
- 1 to 3 months previous Material Handler/Warehouse experience highly preferred
- Previous reach truck experience required
- Handheld RF Scanner experience a plus
Working for the Johnstone Corporate and Distribution Center team has its rewards. Our benefits package includes 401(k) matching and a competitive salary.
Drug screen and background check required. EOE
We also take pride in creating a positive work environment where we work hard and accomplishments are recognized. At
No Phone Calls Please.