Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
The primary role of this position is to perform routine maintenance on the company’s diesel fleet. Commitment to safety, strong work ethic and a positive attitude are key components of this position.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Replacement or repair of
- diesel engine external components
- diesel engine external drive train, steering, suspension and brake components
- electrical systems, starting and charging components
- diesel air system
- Physical requirements
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach
- Occasionally required to talk and hear, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Work environment—outdoor and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation
- Regularly working near moving mechanical parts; with some vibration
- Occasionally working in (non-weather) wet or humid conditions; in (non-weather) extreme heat or cold; in high, precarious places; with fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals; in outdoor weather conditions
- Loud noise level
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred or six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience or higher
- Must have own tools and valid drivers’ license
- Must have basic computer skills
- FHWA Certification preferred
- CDL a plus