GRAEF, a leading U.S. consulting firm, has been providing exceptional careers and quality engineering services to our clients since 1961. We recognize that the best workplaces are filled with technically excellent, innovative, creative, and highly motivated people. GRAEF is more than just a business. We are a committed employer and community member. We invest in our employees as we do our clients, providing a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. GRAEF values exciting work and lasting relationships; we embody values that speak to loyalty, service, quality and integrity; and we strive to grow with these ideas leading the way. We’re looking for people who agree that in addition to technical excellence, it’s all about relationships!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a results-oriented Business Development-focused Engineer to join one of our Chicago offices. The ideal Municipal Sector Business Development Leader will have a diverse background and be highly networked in the Northern IL region. Candidate will be responsible for developing a strategic business development plan, develop new opportunities and clients while maintaining existing relationships.
In order to be considered for this Business Development position, candidates must possess the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience developing and managing a technical market or business development, along with selling technical services to Municipalities, Government Agencies, Transportation Departments and Water Utilities in IL.
- Success in business development planning including developing strategic business plans, marketing activities, client development, presentation experience and proposal development.
- Technical project management experience is desired.
- Professional registration as a PE.
- Proven leadership experience is highly preferred.
In order to be considered as an applicant, you must submit your resume.
- Plan and lead the business development initiatives for GRAEF’s Municipal Engineering market sector in Northern Illinois.
- Project oversight including setting priorities and developing objectives, project financial management, as well as hands-on involvement in the design process. The ability to serve as a technical resource for a multi-disciplined team.
- Job duties include project engineering and management. Client management, including abilities to make fluent presentations, contract negotiations and client development activities. Good communication skills and a proven track record in successfully interacting with clients and collaborating with internal team members is necessary.
- Project delivery dependent on experience licensing and expertise.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced multi-discipline environment.
- Be adaptable in an ever-changing industry.
We are proud to offer a complete benefit package to include:
- Medical/Dental/Audio/Visual Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Flexible Schedule
- Corporate Casual Dress