A nuclear pharmacist intern is responsible for following good sterile compounding practices in the preparation and dispensing of radiopharmaceuticals under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
• Review accuracy of all customer orders in a consistent manner
• Process customer orders from initial receipt through final packaging and set up, prepare and dispense radiopharmaceuticals under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist
• Handle/package/deliver radiopharmaceuticals and hazardous materials, process returned medical waste, and maintain returned reusable supplies while exemplifying compliance with Company Policies, Corporate Standards and Health and Safety rules related to area of responsibility
• Actively participate in maintaining a safe work environment by completing required training, providing suggestions for improving the health and safety program and bringing unsafe acts and/or conditions to the attention of management
• Perform quality control tests on prepared products as well as required tests on equipment (e.g. dose calibrator constancy and survey meter checks) and manually record results
• Complete radiation wipes and surveys on shipping containers, pharmacy supplies, incoming packages, work spaces and vehicles
• Complete paperwork required for deliveries of outgoing customer products Support Pharmacy Operations by performing data entry into computer system
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited School of Pharmacy
• Candidate must be enrolled in the nuclear pharmacy program and/or has completed a nuclear pharmacy elective course
• Licensed or eligible to become licensed as a pharmacy intern in the state of employment
• Cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
• Must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Previous experience handling radioactive materials
• Previous experience preparing and/or dispensing pharmaceuticals, radiopharmaceuticals, or sterile products
• Able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner
• Able to prioritize job duties.
• Successfully balance proactive versus reactive tasks.
• Handle multiple tasks quickly without forfeiting quality
• Use sound judgment in all situations.
• Adhere to legal and regulatory guidelines without question.
• Honest, trusted and trusting.
• Hold self, accountable for actions, seeks facts - not blame.
• Make compliance a priority
• Accept and adhere to high ethical values in decisions and actions