MAC Property Management is growing! We are hiring an experienced painter for our properties to work on a permanent, full-time basis in our various buildings. These roles will perform routine to moderately complex surface preparation, painting, and finishing tasks, applying a variety of methods, media, and techniques to both interior and exterior surfaces at residential property locations. This role is split between three high rises so you must have a valid driver's license and vehicle to travel between the buildings (appx. 1/2 mile of eachother)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Surveys building painting project sites to estimate time and material quantities required; selects appropriate surface coatings.
- Applies paints, sealers, and solvents to exterior and interior building surfaces such as plaster, sheetrock, concrete, and wood.
- Performs building exterior and interior caulking, finish repair, mud and tape, and texturing tasks.
- Uses mechanized high-reach equipment to renew caulking on exterior building panel seams, windows, and doors.
- Performs special refinishing tasks including wood surface preparation, staining, and sealing.
- Performs minor plaster repair, blending newly renovated wall surfaces with existing plaster. (Painting vacant apartments and hallways)
- Visually inspects buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and reports anything in need of repair or replacement as well as unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents to Management.
- Responds to employee and resident requests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Keeps work area clean and tools and equipment in good working order.
- Performs duties according to Occupations Safety & Health Act (OSHA) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Seeks opportunities to increase skills and expand knowledge base.
- Wears the required uniform and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Will be assigned to three buildings - MUST have valid driver's license and vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year certification from college or technical school
- One (1 ) to three (3) years of “hands on” experience or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- A few of these roles will require a valid drivers license and vehicle. If you do not have either one of these, please let us know so we can ensure that you interview for the correct property that doesn't require this.
- Familiarity with standard equipment and tools and proficiency in painting, plastering and related maintenance and repair tasks.
- Experience in selecting and applying paint and associated products.
- Skill in applying coatings and/or caulking and completing repairs to exterior and interior surfaces.
- Skill in wood surface preparation, staining, and/or sealing techniques.
- Ability to select, mix, and apply surface coatings which successfully match and/or restore interior and/or exterior surfaces.
- Ability to estimate basic project time and material quantity requirements.
- Thorough and attentive to details.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.