Role: Payer & Employer Programs Manager
Location: McHenry, IL
The Payer and Employer Programs Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall development and implementation of payer and employer strategies, tactics and collaborations. Execute a go-to-market strategy. Proactively develop new business and manage new and existing corporate accounts. These corporate accounts include large employers, benefits consultants, wellness companies and commercial (private), Payers.
- Identify, evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, initiatives and partnerships or strategic alliances with potential customers and complimentary services/ vendor partners.
- Cultivate business partnerships with account decision makers to meet defined department and personal business targets.
- Present Medela to potential business partners and customers as the market leader and vendor of choice.
- Lead negotiations and agreement structuring and liaise with appropriate internal and external partners in the partnership process.
- Assume the responsibility of account management, including leading internal cross-functional implementation with sales operations and other key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing relationship management and development to maximize partnership engagement and revenue realization
- Serve as the voice of the customer in internal strategic planning processes. Identify programs that support account initiatives
- Develop, implement and update business plans for key accounts supporting the attainment of market share growth and employee access as well as other company objectives
- Monitor employer and wellness initiatives and develop strategies to ensure favorable positioning of Medela products and services in the employer and corporate space
- Keep management informed of changes in the employer environment, commercial plan structures and market influences
- Participate in National and Regional Conferences and Sales Meetings as appropriate
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Follow all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules
- Successfully interact with employees at all levels
- Regular, reliable performance of all job duties
- Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations
- Perform all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time
EDUCATION and CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; Master’s degree in business administration, public health, health science, public policy or related field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in the employer benefit space
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrated ability to source, build and maintain a long-term relationship with partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Ability to work comfortably with ambiguity and drawn to “making it happen”
- General knowledge of reimbursement, insurance, medical terminology, and regulatory environment
- General understanding of medical device and DME marketplace
- Ability to work within a start-up environment
- Highly developed platform plus organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic business plans
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including the executive and C-level
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English
- Apply principles of logical thinking to solve practical problems
- Travel up to 60% of the time, including occasional international travel
Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
- Indoors, average office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature changes
The employee is expected to efficiently and effectively perform all of the above tasks.
Medela will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This job description is subject to change at any time. Medela has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job as business needs require.
If this sounds like you, we welcome the opportunity to learn more about your background and experience! Applying only takes a few minutes. Thanks for your interest in Medela!
You can also contact David Payne directly: or 847-241-5186