Company Name: Medela
Job Title: Product Development Engineer - Mechanical
Location: 1101 Corporate Drive, McHenry, IL 60050
We are seeking a creative and collaborative Product Development Engineer with experience working within a team environment and with cross-functional teams. We seek someone who is eager to take a product from inception through completion. If this describes you, we are definitely eager to speak with you about this tremendous opportunity.
For more than 50 years, the employees of Medela have been dedicated advocates of breastfeeding moms. As the #1 breast pump brand*, Medela is committed to improving mom’s east milk to her baby breast milk pumping experience and her ability to successfully provide breast milk to her baby for as long as she chooses. Through intensive dialogue with healthcare professionals, patients, and consumers, we gain an intimate understanding of their needs and transform valuable knowledge into innovative products and services that make feeding with breast milk an easier reality.
What We Offer
• Excellent salary and bonus potential
• Comprehensive benefits plan which is affordable for our employees
• Generous PTO package including holidays
• Opportunity to learn and grow
What Makes our Product Development Department Unique:
• Small enough to be entrepreneurial yet we have the resources to be a larger organization
• Not top heavy in leadership
• We're diverse in our product offering – we develop and provide a wide variety of products allowing our product developers to work in different technologies; medical, non-medical, consumer and hospital
• Entrepreneurial mindset with experience selling DME and Negative Pressure Wound Therapy products
• Excellent communication skills, sales, and negotiation experience
• Very organization and self-directed
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field required
• Minimum five years’ experience in engineering
• Mechanical design, materials, analysis, and manufacturing experience required
• Minimum one year of CAD experience with a preference for Creo
• Medical product or regulated environment experience strongly preferred
• Experience working in an environment with global objectives.
• Prepares designs solutions for product realization
• Works within the Stage-Gate process with associated documentation and approvals, achieving target product and development costs
• Perform as project resource on assigned projects
• Participate in supplier selection as required to address Medela's technical and project needs
• Other duties as assigned and outlined
• Travel as required up to 10% including to corporate headquarters
This is a direct hire career opportunity
If you would like to talk about this opportunity confidentially please feel free to contact us directly at or 847-241-5186
We Make it Easy
Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in-for.
You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.