Mauser USA LLC
Production Supervisor, Northern Chicago 2nd shift
Mauser USA LLC has an opportunity for a Production Supervisor at its Chicago Fiber drum manufacturing location. Mauser is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. Mauser is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for production activities to be conducted in the most economical way, while ensuring safety and quality are at or above the Company's standards. Responsible for the floor level adherence to the MPS Measurable and Targets.
The successful production supervisor should have solid manufacturing experience, knowledge of lean-manufacturing principles and housekeeping standards, and be an employee engagement advocate. A strong safety orientation – our first priority – is a requirement for this leadership position. Candidates should be familiar and have experience with manufacturing operations requiring automation combined with critical manual labor and skilled operator knowledge.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Supervises production activities to meet the production schedule, including machine start-up, shut down and other assigned activities.
- Monitors product characteristics to maintain quality and minimize costs, taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Continuously strives to reduce cost through economical use of all resources including the effective use of both direct and indirect labor, reduction of scrap, improved efficiency and effective control of production activities.
- Responsible for meeting the plant production in units/paid hour and other measurable.
- Responsible for the physical assets in the production area and for ensuring the area is kept in a clean orderly fashion at all times.
- Informs management as to the condition of equipment and facilities and recommends repair and or replacement as necessary.
- Provides leadership and support of Company initiatives such as MPS and Safety Program.
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel as required.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- 4 year college degree or a minimum of 3 to 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong supervisory skills managing an average of 5-10 employees.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing operations – particularly with operations requiring both automation to drive efficiency and skilled operator knowledge. Experience in engineering also helpful
- Hands on experience in small operation, preferably where incumbent would have multi-task responsibilities.
- Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a disciplined manufacturing operation with a focus on delivering consistent results with a respect for the individual employee
- Hands on experience in a small operation with a high comfort level in having multi-task responsibilities
- Willingness to engage in front-line activities as necessary to achieve customer requirements
- Quality Systems and ISO 9000 experience a plus
- Comfort using computers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, bend, stoop, climb and stand
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Mauser Group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers (“IBCs”) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. Mauser’s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The Mauser Group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. Mauser North America LLC is the largest business unit of the global organization.