Automatic Building Controls, Inc./ FIX Consulting, LLC are building automation contractors and systems integration consultants, specializing in enterprise solutions, LEED (sustainability), Commissioning and service since 1976, We consult and support our customers in the ever changing world of building automation and controls. As an integration company we represent and work with such companies as Distech and Tridium. This allows us to provide our customers with the best solutions for their application and our employees the challenges of learning and working with the best in class technologies. Therefore, we challenge our employees to continually learn and progress at the same rate as the rapidly growing and changing information technologies industry.
This position will report to the VP of Operation. Under limited supervision, conducts application design, design repair, installation, and commissioning of systems. Strives for excellence in customer satisfaction through on site customer interface and communications. With complete technical competence, mentors fellow technicians on building automation and service activities. Completes required project documentation.
- Design of control systems based upon project requirements or industry standards requiring knowledge of electronic or digital controls systems and documents these designs using AutoCad or Visio into controls drawings and writes and test the programs using the various languages of controls systems software.
- Field manages installation projects.
- Consults with the customer, provides proposals for retrofits, upgrades and design enhancements to systems. Provides technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet or exceed customer expectations. Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Reports problems to management. Interfaces with company employees and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and informs them on the nature of service provided before leaving the work site. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Documents with the customer any outstanding issues and recommends system upgrades and or replacement. Promotes the sale of additional technical support and work for the customer.
- Practices all company and customer safety processes. Keeps safety procedures in use while working on site with other contractors and subcontractors.
- Trains and teaches the customer in control systems operations and provides Manuals and documentation as required.
- Completes job documentation such as completion certificate, customer training, certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study seeking to enhance and improve proficiency in various product lines.
Key Performance Deliverables: In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Ability to manage own backlog to ensure timely and accurate job completion.
- Performance will be directly measured against estimated budget.
- Capability to meet annual revenue of project work targets.
- Ability to handle multiple system designs and installations.
- Ability to self-learn on new technologies to broaden own knowledge base
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Preferred, 2-year technical education in field acceptable. Knowledge of Computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML)
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and related DDC and building management systems
- Working knowledge of Internet related technologies and programming along with web based graphics. Ability to read blueprints and interpret specifications.
- 3+ years field or applications engineering experience in Building Management Systems and HVAC principles and basics.
- Experience with Niagara Framework, Lonworks, BACnet and graphical programming languages a plus; Distech and Tridium experience highly desirable.
- Quality Orientation-Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards;Problem Solving-Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect;Information Seeking -Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources; Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial;Results Orientation-Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them; Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure;Customer/Client Orientation-Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction; Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers'/clients' those of the team;Stress Tolerance-Maintains a consistent level of activity and performance when placed in tense situations; Stays calm and controlled under pressure;Initiative-Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked;
- What We Offer:
- We have a complete package of benefits including Health, Dental, Life, Long-term disability, Section 125, and 401k. Relevant education is paid for in full. Salary is based on educational, professional, and work experience. Company cell phone provided. Car allowance. Paid vacation and holidays. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Automatic Building Controls is an equal opportunity employer.