Leopardo is one of the nation’s largest and most respected construction firms, building world-class facilities with innovative, environmentally-friendly processes. We are considered “best in class” by our clients and peers, and the media consistently ranks us among the top builders in the United States. For more than three decades, Leopardo has been recognized for consistently performing at the very top of the industry. Our reputation for outstanding customer service stems from our mission to passionately pursue construction excellence. Our long-standing commitment to continuous improvement comes with a healthy obsession with quality. This approach transforms our operations and customer service, helping us become the construction provider of choice in all our specialized markets: healthcare, interiors, retail, cinema, hospitality, office, industrial, residential and municipal.
The Project Engineer’s main focus is to support the Project Manager on all required tasks to build and maintain profitable projects. On large projects, the Project Engineer will perform all tasks that are assigned by the Project Manager. On smaller projects, the Project Engineer may be required to perform all tasks typically performed by the Project Manager (except change order negotiations).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
- Monitor and achieve goals to include overhead, profit, general conditions, self-performed trades, total client satisfaction and profit projections / job cost maintenance.
- Monitor a detailed master construction schedule utilizing Asta. Track critical dates of all activities affecting the project completion (Owner, Architect, Consultants, Contractor, Subcontractors, Municipalities, Equipment Suppliers, Site Due Diligence, etc.) and provide updates as required.
- Obtain permits, insurance and bonds.
- Review and process submittals, shop drawings and RFI’s. Follow up with architect / subcontractor to expedite approvals. Establish, maintain and update logs that meet Company or Owner’s specifications.
- Coordinate and/or participate in pre, weekly (e.g. OAC, MEP Coordination, Pre-installation, etc.) and post construction meetings. Prepare meeting minutes. Outline all items discussed, indicating the status of each, and assign responsibility and date for completion of open items. Coordinate MBE / WBE compliance monitoring, update and report as required.
- Negotiate with and procure Subcontractors and Suppliers. Generate subcontracts / purchase orders, and gather and review monthly applications for payment. Ensure BIM, LEED and Design/Build subcontract language is included, if necessary. Track status on subcontracts, insurance and bonds.
- Generate and maintain project documentation for BIM (Building Information Modeling). Conduct model mediation /clash detection.
- Review LEED construction deliverables for LEED seeking projects.
- Determine subcontractor work completed to date, on a project, and generate monthly billings / sworn statement to owner.
- Verify, price and prepare change order documentation. Maintain change order log to review weekly status of changes.
- Project completion closeout documentation. Compile as-built drawings, warrantee letters, O&M manuals, and other documents to complete the closeout package.
- Ensure correct setup and maintenance of filing and archiving systems
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Project Engineer in previous employment or a demonstrated ability to perform Project Engineer tasks; experience must be in Leopardo's core market strengths.
- Basic knowledge of specific construction tasks performed by company crews.
- Computer software knowledge.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), organizational skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision program
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- IRS 125 Plan
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Profit sharing plan
- 401k plan
- 529 college savings plan
- Complimentary chair massages
- Annual service and special recognition awards
- Summer hours
- Professional training and development
- Annual employee team-building and training retreats
- Bereavement time off
- Company-paid annual employee golf outing
- Company-issued, network accessible cell phones
- Local health club and child care discounts
- Various charitable activities
Limitation and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and / or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Employment-at-Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.