Safety Loss Prevention Site Rep
Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
Reporting to the Safety Director, the onsite Safety Representative will be responsible for all areas of safety as they relate to warehouse operations, equipment operation and training per OSHA and DOT regulations in one of our Morton facilities. The incumbent will proactively manage and oversee safety and compliance initiatives that ensure a safe work environment and will be responsible for implementing and managing the facility-level, behavior-based safety program to include supervisor and manager safety audit compliance as well as logistics and assembly employee observations, investigations and corrective measures.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success as a Safety Representative in an operation of similar scale and scope and be known for outstanding communication and training skills. The Safety Loss Prevention Site Rep must be excited to walk the floor often, interacting with and mentoring employees in a hands-on manner. Working both independently and as a part of a team, (s)he must be able to meet challenges with resourcefulness and be extremely motivated to succeed—high energy and a strong sense of urgency and drive are essential for success in this role. Organizational, administrative and computer skills are equally important.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate training and safety awareness measures to promote a safe work environment for all employees, including implementation and management of a behavior-based safety program to include progressive disciplinary actions for noncompliance at all levels
- Develop and maintain onsite safety training and oversee orientation of new employees
- Perform training and recertification for Material Handlers and Assemblers
- Set up and maintain a functional safety committee and oversee implementations of safety initiatives
- Conduct regular observations, manage layered safety audits and lead incident and safety improvement investigations
- Authorize medical bill payments associated with worker’s compensation claims, pre-employment exams, post-accident/injury and reasonable suspicion drug testing
- Develop and publish safety and worker’s comp expense metrics that enable senior management to monitor overall effectiveness of safety and the cost associated to work-related injuries
- Ensure that the state and federal OSHA regulatory compliance is maintained to include training, reporting procedures, written program development/annual updates, employee exposure monitoring and assessments
- Interact with clients at various levels (from supervisor to director level) to meet KPI expectations and communicate metrics, changes, improvements and concerns; create reports and present to customers
- Liaise with human resources, operations and other divisions as required to achieve company objectives
- Continually strive to improve processes and systems within the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-5+ years’ safety and compliance experience in a manufacturing or distribution operation regulated by OSHA preferred
- Forklift operation and training certifications preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desired
- DOT regulation knowledge helpful
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state OSHA compliance regulations
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills needed
- Knowledge of principles/methods of curriculum and training presentation and design preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skill including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email