“I love it here because of the people.”
“I love the culture because it feels like family.”
“I’ve been given so many opportunities to grow and learn more.”
These are just a few of the comments we hear from Prinsco employees on a regular basis.
We are a third-generation family owned company filled with incredible people who care deeply about their work, contribute to our success daily and help us solve critical problems for our teams, our company and our world.
Prinsco is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of corrugated plastic pipe and accessories for water management applications in agriculture, stormwater and residential markets. Our work contributes to solutions that maintain, manage and protect our world’s most valuable resource: fresh water.
Prinsco currently has an opening for a Sales Representative for the Illinois and Iowa territory. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance and more.
General Purpose of Job
Sells products to customers & provides quality customer service. Handle customer concerns, questions & sales personnel technical inquires.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Prospect, source, & maintain quality customers in assigned territory
• Achieve & exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans & schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, &/or markets to project number of contacts to be made
• Manage, call on, & sell Prinsco products directly to customers in assigned territory. Follow up on leads & referrals resulting from field activity
• Establish rapport & maintain regular contact with existing customers & new customers (particularly key accounts)
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries. Introduce new products & service upgrades
• Actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base & continually increasing your market share
• Prepare, present, & maintain quotes, proposals, pricing, credit terms, & changes to contracts to customers
• Identify & resolve customer concerns
• Maintain a professional image at all times through personal actions & initiatives
• Prepare reports as assigned relative to activity, expenses, lost orders, closings, follow up, & performance against budget
• Follow up on sales leads & make cold calls on potential customers
• Build strong lasting relationships with Prinsco customers
• Develop & maintain communications in a cooperative & professional manner with all levels of staff & customers
• Maintain a working knowledge of products & their applications
• Give recognition to team members that you see living out Prinsco Values
• Demonstrate a commitment to high personal & professional ethical standards, & align decisions with Prinsco Values
• Build & maintain open, honest working relationships with others, to set goals, resolve problems, & make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, required
• Five years related experience, preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, required
• Self-directed & have excellent organizational & time management skills
• Well-developed presentation skills & excellent customer relation skills
• Ability to work in a high pressure, constantly changing environment
• Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals at varying levels in the industry
• Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general; business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals
• Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, & volume
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry
• Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists
• Ability to travel 100% of the time & have valid drivers license with a clean MVR
DISCLAIMER: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned