Vertex Solutions is seeking a high-energy, growth oriented, Senior Accountant/Controller who will report directly to the President and work closely with the Senior Management Team at our headquarters to develop financial reports, contract bid strategies, and annual budgets. Vertex provides a strong support system to optimize your opportunity and grow your career. Vertex maintains a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for a person with the right skills and drive to be a critical member of our team.
Vertex Solutions is a rapidly growing, high technology training and simulation company headquarter in Champaign, IL. We provide training services and research on emerging technology application to training for customers throughout the federal government, including Army, Air Force, Navy, and Department of Homeland Security.
• Serve as a working manager, conducting AP, AR, payroll, and general ledger functions
• Maintain supporting GL schedules and prepare account reconciliations
• Perform monthly customer billing and collections based on project and contractual guidelines
• Serve as point of contact for audits and reviews
• Oversee implementation of a consolidated accounting/time tracking software system. Work with an implementation consultant to design accounting and management reports within to track company performance.
• Ownership and maintenance of accounting software systems including cost structures, project set ups, budgets, expense reports, employee data files, and per diem tables
• Generate bi-weekly payroll and update payroll system for additions, terminations, and changes
• Manage time-entry process in to ensure all employee time is entered timely and accurately according to federal government regulations
• Manage and reconcile intercompany transactions
• Work closely with Director of Operations on project tracking, revenue recognition, purchase requests,
• Coordinate month end closing and produce monthly reporting including statements of financial position, job reporting, labor distributions, and direct and indirect cost to budget variances
• Assist in improving department’s processes and procedures and documentation
• Communicate effectively with internal team and external customers and partners through both written and verbal communication
• Other special projects as assigned
Skills& Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 5-8 years of Accounting experience; federal government contracting experience strongly preferred. CPA a plus.
• Familiarity with government cost accounting software such as Deltek, Sympaq, and Unanet a plus
• Background dealing with basic contract types FFP, T&M, CPFF
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounted Principles (GAAP)
• Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
• Willingness to learn
• Flexibility and ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
• Strong work ethic and ability to handle significant work load
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Strong integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Health, dental and vision packages
• 401(k) plan
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid time off
• Performance incentives
• Employee Perks program
• Employee referral program
About Vertex Solutions
For more than 35 years, Vertex Solutions has helped globally leading organizations grow by supporting the people and partners they rely on. We provide learning, technology and business management services that see mutual success for our clients and their channel.
Vertex Solutions primary focus is learning technology. While this is an established niche industry, our passion is in bringing the many recent technical innovations in this space to our enterprise solutions. You'll likely assist as we continue to build-out our new product offerings, push our client's boundaries adding functionality to existing systems, look for opportunities to use the latest tools and practices to improve our efficiency, delivery, and solutions.
Vertex Solutions is a TCC Software Solutions company.