IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries is looking to hire a Senior Director of Sales. Are you an experienced Sales Leader looking for your next role to make an impact and help grow and develop a sales organization? If so, read on!
The Senior Director of Sales (SDS) is a strategic and operations leader for our growing sales efforts and has a direct impact on achieving the aggressive growth goals of our association. The SDS is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. The essential functions of this role include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the SDS also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled and achieved within the sales organization.
Sales and Sales Management
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business units and territories assigned. Direct and support the consistent implementation of company initiatives. Work to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion. Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Develop thorough understanding of IPC products and services, i.e., features and benefits, pricing and availability. Develop and execute written and verbal sales presentations and proposals. Sell across multiple product lines to create optimal customer solutions including IPC membership. Establish and maintain positive relationships with key global OEM accounts to achieve maximum revenue potential and facilitate further supply chain sales opportunities.
Planning and Reporting
- Develop and implement sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organizations planning efforts. As needed, coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the association.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other business intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Document and provide ongoing customer feedback to relevant internal IPC staff regarding product issues, improvements or new product opportunities.
Quota Setting and Management
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives. Support the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales staff. Sales Process Optimization
- Establish and document initial sales processes to be followed by the sales organization including lead management, pipeline development, proposal development and account management. Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement and eliminate process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Implement enabling technologies, including Netsuite CRM, to field sales teams. Monitor the assigned sales organizations compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Work closely with IT staff to optimize the effectiveness of the associations technology investments.
Sales Compensation Design and Administration
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Provide assistance to Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
Recruiting and Team Development
- Recommend and gain approval for initial sales team and department structure. Recruit, hire and train sales team members. Coordinate ongoing training delivery to sales and sales support personnel in the sales organization.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of sales management experience in membership, services or technical sales. Experience selling technical services in the electronics industry will be considered a plus
- Proven track record of building a sales team, growing major accounts and over-achieving on sales objectives
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel and independently support customer meetings, at least 50% of the time, including locally, domestically and internationally.
- Must have CRM experience. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with NetSuite a plus.
IPC practices a virtual workspace and maintains offices in Chicago and Atlanta.
IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and very generous employee benefits.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC—Association Connecting Electronics Industries. Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to e-mail: . Resumes should include cover letter and salary history and subject line should say: SALES
Since 1957, IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries® has been guiding the electronics industry through its dramatic changes. A global trade association dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its more than 4,300 member companies, IPC represents all facets of the industry including design, printed circuit board manufacturing and electronics assembly. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2.2 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains additional offices in Taos, N.M.; Washington, D.C,; Atlanta, Ga.; Brussels, Belgium; Stockholm, Sweden; Moscow, Russia; Bangalore, India; and Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing, China.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.