MAC Property Management leases and manages apartments. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At MAC, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. MAC Property Management, LLC is an Equal Housing Opportunity organization.
The Service Technician II is attentive to MAC Property Management’s goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention. The Service Technician II is responsible for executing maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the community according to operating and safety standards and to ensure the service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Electrical and plumbing repair including rodding sewer lines
- HVAC Domestic water systems (proper certification may be required for some repairs)
- Repair or install appliances (when applicable)
- Repair or install Tile, Carpet, wood flooring; Interior/Exterior lights, ceiling fans; Fireplaces; Gas fixtures and appliances (when applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors, boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. Boxes repining and locks
- Security systems, fire protection equipment, entry systems, emergency power systems
- Walls – drywall and plaster repair and finish carpentry and hardware installation
- Waste management repairs (chutes, compactors)
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with resident to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure work is completed to residents’ satisfaction.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklists. Inform Service Director of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to “market ready” status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready operations have completed to determine quality of work performance.
- Constantly be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately report unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to pools, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights).
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Service Director prior to any expenditure of funds. Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean outs, and prepare maps indicating same schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all make ready apartments. Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Respond timely to all On-Call emergency requests. Weekend and after hours overtime required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 1 Year of experience in property management maintenance performing the duties associated with a maintenance Technician I
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and the ability to read and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, snow and ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Provide own basic tool and knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools;
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screw drivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power tools: wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders
- Mechanical equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered augers, etc.
This is a full time role with benefits. We offer a competative wage, insurance (medical, vision, dental, life), a 401K Retirement Plan with matching and Educational Reimbursement so you can further your career if you choose.
MAC Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test, and background check are required.