As a Six-Sigma Black Belt, you will lead the execution of challenging projects and development of processes that propel efficiencies throughout the G&D Organization. You will interact with all levels of the organization (floor to senior management) providing training and guidance that enhances a culture of operational and customer service excellence. Be part of a team that is focused on the future, on growth and on advancement. Join G&D today!
Six Sigma Black Belt
Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
In this role as a Six Sigma Black Belt, you will be responsible for leading organizational initiatives while partnering with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach targeted business and operational goals through Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement techniques. As a Lean Six Sigma leader, you will be expected to coach, mentor, and train continuous improvement team members and co-workers on a range of skills from tactical improvement techniques to executive reporting. The functional scope spans all divisions of the organization, Contract Logistics, Transportation and Administrative and will require this individual to interact with all levels of the organization (floor to senior management).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead complex improvement projects, including data gathering, engineering evaluation, scope-of-work development, preliminary design, cost estimation, financial analysis, detailed design, project implementation, tracking project results, monitoring project progress, and reporting on progress toward key performance indicators, strategic goals, and operational goals.
- Applies process improvement tools, e.g. Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping, Takt time analysis, to improve business capabilities; specifically, Six Sigma tools and methodology to improve process capability and eliminate defects, and Lean Manufacturing tools and principles to eliminate waste and improve flow resulting in cost reduction and capacity expansion within the facility(ies).
- Applies statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine warehousing and logistics processes, staff requirements and production standards (areas of focus may include: quality, resource alignment, order and delivery management, kitting, planning and inventory management with customer/supplier)
- Confer with vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, equipment capabilities and project status
- Establishes and drives metrics and performance monitoring systems to quantify and provide accountability for all lean activities.
- Coordinates with all functions and all employees to ensure knowledge transfer and sustained participation in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- 4-year college education required in a quantitative area, e.g. Industrial or other Engineering, Mathematics, etc
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Desired certifications: Lean Practitioner, APICS or PMP
- A minimum of five to eight years of demonstrated continuous improvement experience, including the implementation of Lean operating systems and processes.
- Record of leading Lean Six Sigma projects and kaizen events to deliver results.
- Specific detailed experiences: Cycle time studies, Value Stream mapping/ Process mapping, Kaizen event leadership, Knowledge of process mapping tools (Visio, etc.)
- Proficient use of Statistical Process Control, Excel and Minitab.
- Advanced capabilities with Office products including: Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Strong experience in logistics and warehousing operations.
- Prior start up and implementation experience preferable.
- AutoCad experience preferred
- Commanding knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies and their associate tools.
- Experience with time studies and time standard implementation, project cost analysis, and Lean tools
- Familiarity with shop floor operations and logistics/warehousing.
- Must be organized, be able to work independently, have a strong work ethic, and a proven record of project execution.
- Prior experience communicating both orally and in written with all levels of the organization.
- Experience provide overall leadership, project management and communications, e.g. developing and posting meeting agenda and minutes, performing interpersonal collaboration and facilitation, effective reporting (written, oral, and presentation formats) of review findings.
- Demonstrates a results-based leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills.
- Management skills
- Talent selection, planning and organizing, communication, motivating staff/others, delegation/empowerment, ensuring organizational effectiveness, evaluating performance/goal setting, employee development, strategic and independent thinking, decision making, conflict management
- Personal traits
- Customer focus, accountability, integrity, excellence, tenacity, energy/passion, initiative, teamwork/cooperation, resourcefulness, adaptability, pragmatism, change leadership, leading edge