Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
supervisors are responsible for the daily performance of site operations including meeting customer needs, communicating business goals and objectives to subordinates and addressing employee issues and concerns. Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring staffing and overtime, issuing corrective actions, completing performance evaluations and maintaining a strong focus on safety in the workplace.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure staffing levels and staff placement meet customer requirements on a daily basis
- Schedule overtime to cover any open positions or absences
- Ensure that requisitions are opened to replace any employees leaving their positions
- Oversee safety of daily operations through performance of observations, mentoring, training, daily communication with employees, incident response, analysis and reporting
- Oversee training of new employees (including any Caterpillar required training), ensuring that they receive sufficient training in operations as well as safety matters
- Address any employee issues such as attendance or behavioral performance problems through coaching and/or disciplinary action as needed
- Proactively work with employees to minimize productivity/behavioral concerns and provide value to the customer through efficiency
- Meet and converse regularly with customer section managers to ensure that their staffing, training and performance needs are being met
- Collaborate with supervisor on
- addition or reduction to staff levels
- policy changes
- non-customer approved overtime for any reason other than to cover absences/openings
- employee merit raises and bonuses
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or human resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- 1-2 years’ related experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Forklift experience preferred
- Basic computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.