The Temporary Billing Administrator performs a variety of moderately difficult and advanced administrative and clerical billing duties to support office operations and to maximize branch revenue and profitability.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Process all billing duties to insure accurate invoices for each individual customer, working closely with sales staff to understand customer agreements. Perform accounts receivable duties to insure prompt and accurate payment for purchased company services. Prepare bills in preparation of mailing to customers.
- Perform advanced credit checks for large potential accounts to support the operation of the credit administration process. Providing the potential customer with the proper documents, a credit application, and/or a credit card authorization form for future business. Including, maintain a credit application and credit report file for future business.
- Participate in collection activities, placing calls to large past-due accounts to request payment, to maximize revenue from past-due or problem accounts. Complying with customer request at time of notification of past-due accounts, such as missing invoices, or lien releases.
- Perform accounts payable activities. Match bills to purchase orders, identifying and rectifying problems and insuring that correct items and quantities have been received. Perform accounts payable coding. Generate accounts payable checks and mail checks to vendors in a timely fashion. Answer vendor inquiries relating to accounts payable matters and reconcile discrepancies. Perform research and provide answers to vendor and/or internal accounts payable inquiries.
- Complete contract review activities. Assist with contract reviews for payment terms and process contracts through the corporate legal department.
- Insure accuracy of all job costing proposals. Code job cost number for payroll purposes.
- Perform accounting related administrative duties, such as assisting in the preparation of periodic financial statements.
- Process incoming funds and prepare daily bank deposit. Maintain petty cash fund. Confirm and process lien releases bases on paid invoices.
- Create and maintain all rental/sales/job related files. Perform related filing and file retrieval, as required.
- Process incoming mail, distributing mail to branch personnel in a timely manner. Prepare outgoing mail for transmittal to the postal service.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Answer customer and potential customer telephone calls in a timely and courteous manner, referring calls to sales personnel and or branch management, as required. Provide information to callers or take messages, as required. Review and forward incoming faxes to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma. It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional business related education.
- Requires 1-3 years of administrative/office work experience. Prior billing experience is a plus.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook as well as AS400.
- Requires proficiency in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and basic business math.
- It is desirable for the incumbent to have previous experience in the construction industry.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, customers, and personnel at other branch offices and headquarters.
- Requires the ability to think critically and problem solve
- Requires the ability to process and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Requires good organizational skills and good judgment in making decisions
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and AS400 related business operations software.
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. BrandSafway is also an E-Verify participant.